Returned from overseas in 1872, and was responsible for the club becoming known as the Redlegs after donating a set of red stockings from his trip to England for the side to play in. They already wore blue caps, and the famous red and blue combination was born. He provided blue stockings to Carlton, and they have been known as the Blues ever since.
Real name 'Lorraine'
Possibly the same as L. Bell from 1864 and/or the LN Bell from 1867.